Dr. Avantika Batish is working as Director Strategy and Healthcare at International Health Emergency Learning and Preparedness. Also, guest faculty for MBA (HR) and MBA Healthcare Management at various B-Schools and is a soft skills trainer.
Medela India, the world’s leading global producer of breast pumps and nursing accessories recently launched their unique MyMedela application that offers first-of-its kind digital breastfeeding support for pregnant, new and experienced mothers. The app which is available for Android and iPhone, is a 24/7 resource providing mothers with robust tracking tools, along with personalized, expert advice on nursing and pumping.
A survey conducted by Medela showed that only 33 per cent mothers initiate breastfeeding in the first hour and even seasoned ones need assistance and encouragement to ensure the most successful experience for baby and mom. MyMedela app delivers proactive guidance for overcoming issues and challenges and gives tips that can lead to a positive breastfeeding experience for mother and child. The app has been created to empower mothers with all the necessary information and support at the click of a button with provisions of customized solutions based on each mom’s individual situation to make their breastfeeding journey smooth and enjoyable.
Unique features of MyMedela App:
- Offers an exclusive confidence assessment to understand mom’s strengths and focus on her goals to then deliver customized feedback and support based on mom’s answers and other data entries
- Provides a problem solver tool for quick answers to common breastfeeding questions, featuring tips from expert healthcare professionals
- Sends tailored articles and videos within the app, based on where each mom is on her breastfeeding journey
- Tracks breastfeeding and pumping routines (e.g., time spent, volume and frequency)
- Records information about baby’s growth and daily activities, such as height, weight, sleep and diapers
- Snapshots of mom and baby’s activities are available on easy to- read dashboards
- Sends personalized reminders, alerts and notifications that celebrate accomplishments and help moms manage breastfeeding challenges and goals
Connect with InnovatioCuris on:
Stay update about IC by visiting: www.innovatiocuris.com
Connect with InnoHEALTH 2017 on:
Stay update about the conference by visiting: www.innohealth.in