Unitus Seed Fund is a seed-stage venture fund based in Bangalore that invests in startups innovating for the masses in India. Unitus Seed Fund help startups “prepare for growth” via seed funding, strategic & operating support, providing critical connections, and securing growth capital.
Unitus Seed Fund in partnership with GE Healthcare, Accel, C-Camp and IKP-Eden has launched StartHealth 4 competition – a nationwide challenge to find innovative healthcare startups across Artificial Intelligence, Analytics, Devices and Home Health. The winner will receive a cash prize of INR 6 lakhs, access to industry experts and leading companies. They also have an opportunity to access up to INR 4 crore in investment.
- 10 finalists will be shortlisted from the pool of applicants.
- Finalists will have an opportunity to take part in a boot camp program comprising of clinical & business modules led by Unitus Seed Fund in partnership with IKP-Eden in Bangalore.
- The main competition will be conducted remotely.
PROCESS AND TIMELINES:
- Applications open on May 4th and close on June 6th, 2017
- Areas of interest include artificial intelligence, analytics, devices and home health.
- Unitus Seed Fund and the partners will conduct initial screening and shortlist 10 promising startups.
- Shortlisted startups can participate in a 3-day bootcamp, conducted jointly by Unitus Seed Fund and IKP-Eden to help finalists refine their business model and pitch.
- Finalists will receive media publicity and the opportunity to pitch to the jury panel in the final round of the competition, who will jointly decide on the winner based on a pre-published rubric for rating that takes into account critical success factors such as impact on the masses, leadership and team, innovation, and business model.
- The winner will receive a 6 lakhs prize and the opportunity for up to an additional 4 crores of funding/investment along with expert go-to-market support from StartHealth partners.
- INR 6 lakhs as prize money.
- Access to industry leaders and advisors.
- Access to established global companies in healthcare.
- Opportunity to access additional non-dilutive funding from Unitus Seed Fund’s pool of INR 4 Crore catalytic capital.
- Consideration for seed investment from Unitus Seed Fund’s pool of INR 100 Crore healthcare fund.
- Eligibitlity Criteria
- Start-ups in health-care with innovative solutions in AI / Analytics, Devices / IoT and Home health.
- Within 12 months of being ready for commercialization
- Applications open on 4th May and close on 6th June 2017
- Finals will be held in early June 2017
- How to Apply
- Carefully and thoughtfully fill out application form below. Tip: Sooner, the better.
- Think hard about how your start-up is unique and why your business makes a difference
- Stick to timelines. We are very particular about that.
- Tip to WIN – Numbers matter. See how you can quantify progress and proposition well.