The day in December 2019 when the wave spread on how a deadly virus named Coronavirus (COVID-19) emerged in Wuhan, a city in China, is spreading from human to human through respiration. Soon the emergence of the covid 19 attack led the entire world under a state of shock and the country went under lockdown. Masks, Sanitizers and Social distancing become three lifelines of the person.
The virus went on to become a global pandemic that led to the loss of human life and the breakdown of the entire health system worldwide.
This highly transmissible virus primarily affects the lungs and gets on to damage other organs such as the brain, heart and kidney. The contagious disease left a major impact on the physical as well as mental health of human beings and in no time COVID-19 became a major challenge of the lifetime. The virus went on to become a global pandemic that led to the loss of human life and the breakdown of the entire health system worldwide. However, some people affected by the virus have recovered quickly through proper treatment, still, they continue to experience symptoms after their recovery as well. The virus has mostly affected the older age group or the person with many serious medical conditions leaving some great negative impacts on the health such as mental and physical exertion, breathing difficulties, body and joint pain, memory and sleep problems, loss of smell or taste, Depression or anxiety, Fever, Dizziness and unable to perform physical or mental activities.
But, there is always a positive side to everything. So does this pandemic! Doctors and researchers have found some positive side effects of the virus in human behaviour and nature.
- Health concern becomes the primary thing for people.
- keeping their issues aside people started interacting with each other.
- A sense of gratitude has emerged in people which offered a new perspective towards life as nothing should be taken for granted.
- Covid 19 has taught the importance of humanity and how a helping attitude towards each other can save a life.
- People are spending quality time with their loved ones
- People have started following their hobbies.
- People have understood the importance of hygiene.
Other than this, some of the positive outcomes of the virus towards nature are:
- environmental pollution has decreased excessively due to no traveling and no social activities
- road accidents have slowed down
- Rivers & lakes look cleaner.
- Since the people have locked themselves in the houses the wildlife has filled the open space.
People have faced good and bad experiences after the COVID-19 attack. Although we have adapted to the new normal situation and the lives have come on track again, we can’t deny the fact that somewhere or the other, lives can never be the same as they were in terms of mentally and physically.
People have faced good and bad experiences after the COVID-19 attack. Although we have adapted to the new normal situation and the lives have come on track again, we can’t deny the fact that somewhere or the other, lives can never be the same as they were in terms of mentally and physically. Returning to normalcy in future will be quite difficult for those who lost their loved ones in this pandemic. The pandemic has left a strong message that we should move towards a green future. Certainly, the virus has upended the world for a while but it’s now deteriorating. However, the side effects of COVID-19 on human lives will last long.
Credit: Photo by Unsplash
Composed by: “Riccha Arora is a homemaker and a mother of two year old. She has had a passion for writing from a very tender age and also writes in blogs on parenthood & travel.”